Induction
Hi, my name is Molly and I am on the level three media studies course this year.
I have always had a passion for media, I chose it as one of my options at GCSE level as a last resort and it ended up being my favourite one ( Somehow I managed to bag myself an A so I was obviously doing something right!)
Within media, magazines and newspapers fascinate me the most, I'm engrossed in how they're created and the process that happens in order to get the finished product. I feel as if I have an eye for detail and can really appreciate when they're well layed out. Another aspect of media I love is radio. I was brought up by music loving parents and not a day went by when the radio wasn't on in my house, which therefore has made me slightly obsessed with it! This has made me have a very eclectic taste in music, it varies from Alexander O'Neal to Chase and Status. In a dream world I would love to be a presenter on radio 1, a younger version of Annie Mac maybe. Currently I'm in the process of fulfilling this dream, I go to my local radio station once a week and help out there. Whilst there I am gaining experience in producing, presenting and knowledge within the industry.
During the induction days the class was split into groups of 3 - 4, given a task and a prop. The main aim of the task was to produce a short video by the end of the 3 days about the prop that was provided, each group had a different prop. The storyline could go anywhere and there were no boundaries given.
My group was given a hip flask. We discussed what style video would go best with it and came to a decision very quickly. In very basic terms, our short movie was about a man who was 'drink biking' and knocked over a lady. When put into words it sounds rather serious however it was the complete opposite, it was a comedy and was a funny take ( if there is one ) on the drink driving adverts.
My role in this project was a mixture of actress and camerawoman! I was the victim of the drunk cyclist and the video saw me get knocked over. However when not on camera I was one of two people recording, capturing different angles of the cyclist and of the wheels. Once the scenes were shot we all went back into the room. This is when we uploaded and watched through the footage to double check we had recorded everything we needed.
Coming back on the final day all of us took turns in editing it using premier pro which is a new app for me. Being able to take each clip separately and trim, crop and edit it until it was perfect to then add it onto another part of the video was fascinating to me. This was something I had never done before and was a new learning curve, I felt as if this was the main new thing I learnt to do on the induction days.
After making sure the editing was perfect we moved onto sound, going into the booth and doing a voiceover. I didn't have much input in this as I did quite a lot of the editing and it was only fair to let everyone have an equal go.
To conclude, over the induction days I learnt the following;
how to work well with a group of people I had only just met which I feel is a good life skill to have and learning to edit videos using software that was all new to me.
During the induction days the class was split into groups of 3 - 4, given a task and a prop. The main aim of the task was to produce a short video by the end of the 3 days about the prop that was provided, each group had a different prop. The storyline could go anywhere and there were no boundaries given.
My group was given a hip flask. We discussed what style video would go best with it and came to a decision very quickly. In very basic terms, our short movie was about a man who was 'drink biking' and knocked over a lady. When put into words it sounds rather serious however it was the complete opposite, it was a comedy and was a funny take ( if there is one ) on the drink driving adverts.
My role in this project was a mixture of actress and camerawoman! I was the victim of the drunk cyclist and the video saw me get knocked over. However when not on camera I was one of two people recording, capturing different angles of the cyclist and of the wheels. Once the scenes were shot we all went back into the room. This is when we uploaded and watched through the footage to double check we had recorded everything we needed.
Coming back on the final day all of us took turns in editing it using premier pro which is a new app for me. Being able to take each clip separately and trim, crop and edit it until it was perfect to then add it onto another part of the video was fascinating to me. This was something I had never done before and was a new learning curve, I felt as if this was the main new thing I learnt to do on the induction days.
After making sure the editing was perfect we moved onto sound, going into the booth and doing a voiceover. I didn't have much input in this as I did quite a lot of the editing and it was only fair to let everyone have an equal go.
To conclude, over the induction days I learnt the following;
how to work well with a group of people I had only just met which I feel is a good life skill to have and learning to edit videos using software that was all new to me.

Comments
Post a Comment