Planning my Poster Project

Planning for my Poster

Font

I really like the font on the 'sex pistols' posters.
It's like a newspaper cut out and makes it look less put                  together than a normal poster which I like - less formal.

Colour

→I also like the bold colours on the sex pistols posters. 
→The bright colours really draw you in and it would make it the      first poster you would look at.
→The yellow and pink work well together and the black writing      over the yellow makes it much easier to read
→The black and white photo tones down the poster nicely to            not make it too in your face and tacky

Title

→In the sex pistols posters I really like the fact that the title's 
    are at the top.
→Normally if you read a book you read top to bottom, left to 
    right. The title being at the top makes this much easier to            read as sub-consciously you always go to the top left hand          corner when you begin to read anything.

Graphics

→More often than not, images on posters are in the centre and        that's what I like.
→I feel as if having an image in the centre of the poster makes      it look put together and sometimes breaks up the writing
→It also makes the poster more appealing as its one of the first      things that catches your eyes as its after the title.
→For the style of graphics/ image I like a pop art style, i feel          as if its fun and different to a normal, boring image. 
→If its not pop art I like a black and white image with a splash      of colour, for example if it was an image of someone                  holding a record I would make everything black & white                except the record and make the colour brighter - this                      ntrigues people and makes them want to look more.
→The photo of Annie Mac at the bottom of this page is the                image I like the most. I like the fact that its full face and                only the top of the shoulders, I also like the colours of it and          is slightly similar to pop art. What I would do if i used                    this image is make Annie herself black and white and then            put the background colours in that are best suited to my                  theme.


I decided to plan my ideal poster using this research on A3 paper, this is what it looks like:


Comments

Popular Posts