Poster Project
This is my finished Poster Project. I stuck to my plan as much as I possibly could, keeping in with the pop art style theme that I love so much.
I decided to do a tour / gig poster instead of a movie or tv poster as music is my passion. I listen to it nearly every hour of the day and is something I couldn't live without - by making this a poster to do with music is made me much more determined to make it perfect.
There are many things I love about this poster. the vibrant colours that immediately catch your eye and draw you in. The font which is very similar to the sex pistols posters, making it a little edgy and different. I also like how the image isn't dead in the middle, its more to the bottom - this carries on the rough and ready look of the poster. The fact the image is black and white is also nice as i feel that if it was full colour it would be a bit too much.
However there are a few things that I would change if I had the time to. i wanted the title 'tour dates' to be in the same style as the rest of the text on the poster, unfortunately this wasn't possible as I ran out of this so I had to settle with a plain font that I liked as much as I could. Also, the actual tour dates information isn't bold enough for me, I feel as if you have to squint to see what they say which is a big negative on my poster. If I could go back again i would do more research into font and try different styles and sizes / colour etc.
Never the less, I feel as if the positives rule out the negatives on this piece and I am very proud to say I made it!!!
My target audience for this poster is non-existent as I feel as if music doesn't have any boundaries, any race, gender, age or class can listen to whatever they want as its a free world. The person who I focused this on (Annie Mac) is a 40 year old woman but I love her and her music and so do older people. if i had to chose a target audience it would be 18-30 however i know 60 years olds who love to listen to her and her music.
I decided to do a tour / gig poster instead of a movie or tv poster as music is my passion. I listen to it nearly every hour of the day and is something I couldn't live without - by making this a poster to do with music is made me much more determined to make it perfect.
There are many things I love about this poster. the vibrant colours that immediately catch your eye and draw you in. The font which is very similar to the sex pistols posters, making it a little edgy and different. I also like how the image isn't dead in the middle, its more to the bottom - this carries on the rough and ready look of the poster. The fact the image is black and white is also nice as i feel that if it was full colour it would be a bit too much.
However there are a few things that I would change if I had the time to. i wanted the title 'tour dates' to be in the same style as the rest of the text on the poster, unfortunately this wasn't possible as I ran out of this so I had to settle with a plain font that I liked as much as I could. Also, the actual tour dates information isn't bold enough for me, I feel as if you have to squint to see what they say which is a big negative on my poster. If I could go back again i would do more research into font and try different styles and sizes / colour etc.
Never the less, I feel as if the positives rule out the negatives on this piece and I am very proud to say I made it!!!
My target audience for this poster is non-existent as I feel as if music doesn't have any boundaries, any race, gender, age or class can listen to whatever they want as its a free world. The person who I focused this on (Annie Mac) is a 40 year old woman but I love her and her music and so do older people. if i had to chose a target audience it would be 18-30 however i know 60 years olds who love to listen to her and her music.


Comments
Post a Comment